Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sharing time

This is from a journal entry I wrote last night. Enjoy.

HA HA HA! :) I laugh as I look at my watch to figure out what the date is. For posterity sake - It's January 13th 2009.

I'm watching the damn History Channel and "The Universe" is on. This silly show just blows my mind every time. And while I'm in an entranced and enchanted (read: sucked in/duped/slapped in the face/punched in the gut) sort of way, I really realized how very lucky and fortunate I am to even be living and breathing in this insane, chaotic, unpredictable, AMAZING Universe, let alone the Galaxy, or even the life sustaining, free thinking, fast moving, communicative, goal chasing, hard working, insanely great feeling baby making, ever progressing, always learning, critical decision making, creative and daring, colorful and melodic life this planet has to offer. I am thankful to be able to love and enjoy the people who love and enjoy me, and to be able to plant my foot, raise my flag, scream from the highest mountain, take care of my family, and not worry that my neighbor is trying to take what I love away. Oh, that and I'm thankful that we have a good Jupiter in our Solar System that protects us from all the outside bad shit that could wipe each and every one of us out in two minutes, and there is nothing we could do about it. Thanks History Channel.
Be thankful that you have the eyes to be able to read this, and a brain to understand it (maybe). I'm just thankful I have the wherewithal to be able to write it in the first place. I'm thankful that I even have a place in this Universe to be able to live out this life, which begs the question:
Why the fuck do we (and I say "we" as in the entire Human Race) need to be fighting in wars with one another?
How hilarious it would be if some old planet near our solar system blows up and sends a "cosmic burp"thanks to HC right at us and blows the atmosphere clean off the face of our planet! Those men with guns pointed at one another better start laughing soon because there wouldn't be enough oxygen to make it past 2 minutes, and they'll barely have time to wonder what the hell happened. Let alone what they were even fighting for. In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Enjoy this life! It's that simple. Oh, and another thing, be nice to one another, and other people will be nice to you. Because the truth is, we are all miracles! Each and every one of us.

Do whatever it takes to do these two things and you will live with a smile on your face, and hopefully a ton of laughter. I love this life! I wouldn't want to be any other place than where my wife is and where our children are, wherever that may be on this one-of-a-kind planet, in the great free-thinking and innovative nation of the United States of America. Why do you think so many people have (and still do) immigrated to this country? I feel incredibly lucky to be here, where I am at this moment and that I have a mind that can figure out a way through many things in this life, but not anything beyond it. So I'll choose to enjoy my life today, tomorrow, and always - RIGHT NOW!

1 comment:

RachelWriting said...

I love the HC. And that stuff about evolutionary hypotheses... interesting stuff. It makes me so grateful for my body & eyes and feet etc. So grateful that we occurred here the way we did on this planet. So grateful for the luck that brings me here to his place & time with you.