Thursday, January 1, 2009

So it's officially 2009

Good bye 2008, and hello 2009. You know, in all honesty, 2008 was a pretty good year for me and my family. No broken bones, doing much better financially, and we got a new bed right at the end of the year. I'm really looking forward to this year. I think this is exactly the time for me to kick it into high gear and really start going for my dreams. I've been doing a little personal education, and I'm going to start a study group this month. We're going to be reading "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill. I think that this is exactly what I need. A personal study group of people who are looking to better their life. I don't want anyone attending to try and recruit people to join their MLM or even for the group to say what company they work for. I just want them all to be people who are skilled and have some brains, and are creative, and for us all to help collaborate and help each other with their ideas and help encourage them to keep pursuing their dreams. I think it's easier to do when you have people like that backing you up and holding you accountable for your actions. This year my theme is going to be, Improving my life in more ways than one! I know that sounds pretty basic and simple, but I don't think I've ever consciously thought about it every day. Things improve in my life, but I don't always see a daily progress towards improvement, hell sometimes I don't even see a weekly improvement. Not so this year. It's going to be on my mind everyday. I'm so thankful that I have today to do something that will get me closer to my dreams becoming a reality. I'm tired of barely making ends meet. Now is the time to make something happen. I found this quote by Ray Bradbury - "You've got to jump off cliffs all the time, and build your wings on the way down." Of course when he said this, he was pertaining to getting into a relationship, but I think it's fitting for many things. You can't just stand at the top of the cliff and work on making your wings so you can eventually jump. Otherwise you'll second guess yourself and find excuses to not jump. If you just jump, now you'll have to take some kind of action to build those wings.

1 comment:

RachelWriting said...

I think you don't give yourself enough credit for your past. It's great that you're always so gung-ho on improving the future, but you're always dogging on what you've done (or lack of) and I don't like that.

Every day that you come home and choose to do a load of laundry instead of not, or when you do a few of the hand-wash dishes that are left over, or you empty the dishwasher, you're making things better. Tomorrow is made better by EVERYTHING you do today, not just the big manly impressive things that pertain to money and career.

I'm excited to see where we go and I have all the faith in the world that you'll do more awesome things, but I think you accomplish a lot more than you see.

Happy 2009 babe!