Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sword Play

For the first 3 weeks of rehearsal, we've been learning stage combat. Everything from fisticuffs to sword fighting. They gave each of us a wooden dowel the length of our swords and about the same weight to work with in order the strengthen our arms and muscle memory. The fight sequences are pretty technical, and we've finally choreographed all of them. Last night I got to finally go through one of the fight sequences with a real sword. We took it really slow, and I have to say that's a great thing because it was kind of scary knowing that I was wielding a real weapon that could actually kill someone. Here is a video that shows some of the moves from the stage combat training. My neighbor was gracious enough to learn some of the fight with me and played it off beautifully.

1 comment:

RachelWriting said...

This is fun stuff to watch. I can't wait to see the show. :)