Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Balls! Balls! I love Balls!

That is the line the King says when he enters the room and we're all dancing. Great line, especially the way he says it. Hilarious! So we danced and danced for 3 straight hours. We only learned 2 dances, but they were pretty complex dances. We spent 2 1/2 hours on one dance that we learned last week, which meant we only had 30 minutes to learn the second one. Thankfully it wasn't as long of a song, but still, it was more technical, and to be honest, I totally sucked at it and was feeling like I really did have two left feet. The scary thing to me was that I consider myself a decent dancer. I'm not Barishnikov by any means, but I can hold my own. I was being proved wrong in this case under a time crunch. The cool thing is that because it was so short, we were able to do it over and over. I think in the 30 minutes we had, we were able to run through the dance about 18 times. By the time we got to the end, it really started to look pretty good. Of course we'll need a little more work on this, but it was really cool that the whole cast was on board with running this over and over. It was to the point that near the end, we would have the Monday Wednesday Friday cast run through the dance with the music, and as soon as it was over, we were all running to get into place for the Tuesday Thursday Saturday cast to run through it. We were all saying, "let's run it again!" It was awesome.

1 comment: