Sunday, May 2, 2010

Backstage shenanigans

So here are a few pictures from backstage. I thought you might want to see what happens during the play. In this one Charisse is removing my wig after the show, and Greg's hair is freshly de-wigged as well. In the bar scene I am supposed to yell out the name of 3 different girls that I toast to and take a huge swig off of the bottle. In the Saturday performance I toasted to Charisse and she didn't even hear it. Oh well. The other Musketeers agreed that I should take requests for names to say, so if you want your name said on stage, I'm taking suggestions, and if I actually say your name, it will cost you. We can discuss method of payment later.




Here is a picture of the ball gown I wear for the King's Birthday party. I'm dressed as a rooster. This is my favorite costume of the show, even though I don't have any lines while wearing this costume. I do however bust out a mean Mer Laison in this getup. So if you haven't seen it yet, this is yet another reason to come and see the show. The biggest problem I have with this thing is it's so long. It's set to the length of both myself and my double Matt. He's a few inches taller than me, and when I have to go up the stairs, which is a couple of times in the dances, I sometimes step on the gown. I've nearly tripped about 3 times, but I've gotten better at holding onto it while I go up the stairs. The mask is amazing with the detail, the only problem with it is, I can't breath out of my nose in this thing!

This is part of my nightly ritual, and the best part, removal of my wig. I've been growing my hair out so that I wouldn't have to wear my wig. Hopefully It'll be long enough that I can go without it the last couple of performances. I honestly think it's long enough now, but that's not how the makeup department sees it. Until then, I have to get enough metal pins put in my hair to make Pinhead jealous. When she takes them out my hair has been through pressure, heat, and sweat and comes out all sorts of funky. Almost Medusa like.
Oh and one more backstage item with Charisse...I'm standing in Vom 2 just after we rescue d'Artagnan, and she comes in to brush all our hair in place. She's standing behind me and mentions that the threat she made on my fly away hairs when she was putting it on, has worked! Then she finishes and starts to walk around me when she bumps into my scabbard that is always on my hip and says, "I'm just not good with swords."
I reply, "That's what she said."
I think Mike Hohl/Athos and I were laughing at that for a good 30 seconds. I know Allan/d'Ar and Jeff/Aramis joined in. I really love the bond we are developing back stage as Musketeers.

So I'm walking down the hall to Vom 2. I've got Rosalie/Adele on my arm as we're discussing this lovely cape I've purchased, and I'm asking her to guess what it's made out of. (I could probably write a whole piece just on that daily conversation up to now.) Anyhow, we get to the Vom and Jeff walks in and set's down his freshly filled water bottle near the prop table, and he turns and Aramis is suddenly hitting on Adele. Porthos couldn't allow that to happen, so he shoves Aramis out of the way, and curses some made up words at him. I think we were all laughing at that one until we got on stage. It was good, it made Rosalie's cheeks live up to her name.

I know there are some more, and I'll have to write them all down. Those that are in the show that read this blog, please feel free to leave one of your backstage moments in a comment.

1 comment:

RachelWriting said...

Sounds fun. I want to come see it again. Oh, and I love your curly-crazy hair when you come home each night! :)