Sunday, May 30, 2010

Saturday performances


We only have one more Saturday performance, and it's our last one. I have to say though, there is something special about our Saturday Matinees. We always seem to have some of our best shows that day. I tend to bust out the French Accent on Saturdays, but I didn't this time. Everybody was on fire! The pacing was incredible, and it seemed like everyone brought their A game. I would even go as far as saying it was our best performance thus far!

We have such an amazing cast. I've come to the conclusion that we all just really feel comfortable around each other. We all really enjoy each others company, and it's a total blast to be around everyone. Even with people in the other cast, but especially the people in the MWF cast. I know I might be biased, but everyone is so supportive of each other, and we all can joke with each other and nobody takes offense at anything.

This is the last week of performances, and I have to say, I've really taken my wife's last comment to heart. I have been just enjoying each and every performance as it happens. I am going to miss being a Musketeer when it's over, but for now, I'm doing everything in my abilities to bring Porthos to life.

Oh one more thing about Saturday's show. Jeff is dating Ms. Utah (or at least a former Ms. Utah) and in honor of her being in the audience, all the girls wore tiaras during curtain call. The intermission show in the greenroom was especially hilarious. I'll have to get a copy of the video from Dave, or at least provide a link to it, because it was priceless and deserves some face time.

If you haven't seen the show, I strongly suggest you get your but out to the theatre. Use this link: http://www.halecentretheatre.org/2010Season/the-three-musketeers.php to buy your tickets. Memorial day still has quite a few tickets left, and they're a great price. In fact my wife and a bunch of her friends are coming that night. I have a feeling that it's going to be just as good, if not better than this last Saturday performance, we're at a place now where we are all fully in tune with our characters, so every show from here to the end is going to be epic. Don't miss it!

No comments: