Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Only 8 performances left!

I'm starting to get bummed. Nearing the end of the run now, and I have to say that so far, I've had the time of my life. I truly love bringing Porthos to life every Monday Wednesday Friday and Saturday afternoons. So on Friday, my boss and her husband were in the audience. They both really liked it. I'm just glad I didn't know they were there, or it probably would have made me nervous. As it turned out, I had a great time out there.

I really love the stuff that goes on with our cast. We are such a tight knit group now. We all have such amazing energy and we're all so supportive of each other to get the best performance. We sing backstage, we joke on and off stage. One of my favorite jokes onstage comes in the ballroom scene. Rochefort circles around at the end of the first dance and Athos says something to him and then he busts out in kind of a hiss, "Smells like Assssholes." it's awfully hard to not laugh in that situation.

Oh I totally forgot to mention what happened on Wednesday. So we got brand new swords. that is because our swords are beat up and the strength and integrity has been compromised from all the fights up to this point. So on Wednesday during the Luxembourg I go to block an overhead slash and the sword I blocked broke in half. A huge part of the blade starts flying toward the front row of the audience and this guy in the front row raises his hands in self defense. Luckily it landed on the stage and didn't slice anybody up. It threw me off for the rest of that scene and the next one as well. It's crazy that it was a BRAND NEW sword and it broke like that.

On Saturday we had performers and Tech crew from the Cirque de Sole' in the audience. I normally like to bust out the French accent on Saturdays, but I was a little apprehensive because there were French speaking people in the audience, but the King and the Cardinal came into the wig room and they both told me to do it. I had to do it after that! It was so much fun, and I'm glad that I did. I had a blast doing it! I got a lot of good response to it. What was great is that I had 3 co-workers in the audience on Saturday, so my boss and co-workers got two totally different performances, and both groups loved it. I'm having a hard time deciding if I just want to go to the French accent for the remainder of the show. I get the most laughs when I do it. I'm for sure doing it on Memorial Day. We'll see how it goes. I should see what the rest of the cast thinks for sure though.

I can't wait to get the CD full of photos for this show. I really wish I could get a copy of it on DVD. I just want to watch it at least once.

On Monday we had another fun and fabulous performance. What I love about this show and the cast that I have the privilege to be a part of, is how well we all work together on the stage. We're not afraid to try new things, and work things out on stage as it happens in the moment. We try it and come off stage and high five and say how fun that was, or we take something that went a little wrong and turn it into something that will be totally cool the next time we do that scene. Some great stuff going on. If there was one show that would be fun to watch every night it would have to be this one because of all the little tweaks and changes to our performance. It's a true tribute to how well we all react off of each other and listen to how they are delivering it. I haven't had this much fun in a show in my whole life! Thanks to all of you guys. And thanks to all who have been supportive and came to see me in the show.

1 comment:

RachelWriting said...

Don't get bummed NOW, get bummed after 8 more shows. Live in the NOW, not into the future coming at you. If you get bummed now, you're that guy at the office, psyched for Hawaii and then in Hawaii, dreading his flight back to work. Enjoy Hawaii Babe! :) I love you!!