Saturday, April 10, 2010

11 days to go: A bitch that slipped

So today's rehearsal went great! We took time today to really work some scenes. Of course they were only in the 1st Act, but it was still awesome. We needed to work on some of those scenes. The timing really felt like it was dragging in parts, and today we really put our foot on the throttle, and it made a huge difference to me, and because they had everyone from my cast there tonight I took the liberty to pick fights with a few of the Cardinal guards. Well...we went over our fight scenes on our own anyway. I also worked a scene I've been struggling with on the timing with d'Artagnan, and it got a lot better. I'm getting so excited about getting the show going, 11 days to go, oh wait, It just turned midnight...10 days to go!

I got some great news today at rehearsal today too. My boy is 3 years old now, and they don't let kids less than 5 in to see the play. We've taken him to see his Uncle Jesse in a couple of plays at The OBT in Salt Lake and he's done pretty well sitting there and watching, (at least while there was action on the stage and the lights are on anyhow) and I was bummed that he wasn't going to get to see his Daddy perform on stage as a Musketeer. He watches the Mickey Mouse version of The Three Musketeers all the time, and I know it's not the same story, but still he'd get that it's the Musketeers. So today I asked if he could come to one of our full dress rehearsals, and I got a green light! I'm so excited! He gets to come watch the show on the Monday night before my opening night! I just hope he enjoys the show and stays riveted. If we can keep his 3 year old mind glued to what's happening, I'll have no doubts that we're going to electrify the rest of the people who see the show.

So one other thing. The Director of this production is John Adams. He is a great joy to work with, and I really like his style and way of thinking, and he really does bring the best out of his actors, but he says the funniest things sometimes. Especially when you think of what he says as a sexual reference. It's really hard to not let your mind go there, because I get what he's saying, and it's extremely helpful. Today however he went right after it, and it certainly made me chuckle, I'll leave it up to you to decide. He said, "W-H-O-R-E It's like a bitch that slipped!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like its been a blast! Glad your son gets to watch, it would suck if not for sure.... Not sure i'm quick enough to get your directors comment but one of these days it will hit and I will be like DUH !

Good luck!