Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Final dress rehearsal

So we had our final dress rehearsal on Monday. It's opening night tonight for the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday cast. This is a picture of my boy. He did indeed get to come see that his Daddy is a Musketeer. He was a little bit afraid of me when I first walked up to him in the audience before we started, but he warmed up pretty quickly. It took longer to get started than when I told my wife it would. Noah wanted to go home before we even got started, but once it began he seemed to like it. He was able to stay long enough to see me do my first sword fight, and then he was ready to go bye-bye. That was totally fine with me. We didn't end up finishing until 12:23AM, so I'm glad he got to see what he did. On the way home he was telling my wife all kinds of things, but mainly that "Daddy's a Musketeer!" That makes my heart sing more than anything I've experienced as an actor. I'm so grateful that he got to see me on stage at this age, and as a character that he can recognize. I'm also glad that my beautiful wife didn't see the whole thing last night, because she's gonna see it a couple more times.

We changed the dance scene at intermission, and I still don't think I have the new step down, but everyone said it looked better, so whatever. It was fun and it was kind of bittersweet because we are now split into our two casts. I've really developed some good relationships with people from both casts. We've been working together nearly every day since February 4th. I can't believe it's opening night tomorrow. I'm excited, nervous, happy, and relieved that it's finally here.

So long Tuesday Thursday Saturday cast. I will miss you. Have a great and amazing run, and we'll see you on the other side. Break a leg everyone tonight.

I had a few minor personal costume issues. It's been a while since I've been in a play that has costume changes. This is probably the most costume changes I've ever had before. My costume looks pretty good- yesno? The best thing of all...My hat stayed on, through the whole show! John the Director busted my balls after the curtain call on Saturday and pointed out that my hat fell of like 4 or 5 times. I was disappointed in myself after, but I was also mad because I felt like I haven't had enough time to even work with that hat. Plus I had a nightcap that I was being tyrannized by, but there you are. Oh and my sash. Geez louise! That thing is my own personal hell, I can't seem to keep that damned thing on in the right position AND make it look good. One other thing that I noticed about my performance. I let the costume stuff effect me from getting fully into my character. I can't let that happen tomorrow night. I think I just need to change into my clothing while I'm in character, and add that to my "moment before."

Anyhow, if you are a reader of this blog, and you're coming to the show, please leave a comment as to the night you're coming, and then again after you see it and let me know what you thought of it.

I know tomorrow night, My lovely wife Rachel, my awesome Mother-in-Law, my Brother-in-Law, and his girlfriend Elise are coming to see it. I think our show is sold out, it's gonna be a fun night for all!

I'll report again after opening night. Stay tuned for more Marked Anthony to hear some backstage stuff.

1 comment:

RachelWriting said...

I love this picture. :) It was so cute how he kept telling me "Daddy's a Musketeer!" He was so excited by that. I'm excited to see the real thing. I'm especially excited that I get to see it again a week later - the comparison will be fun.