Monday, April 26, 2010

31 to go

34 performances total. That's more than I've ever done for any show I've ever been a part of!
After the weekend I have 31 left, and I plan on loving every single one of them! The last three have gone pretty well. You read about opening night, but on Friday it was a great show, not really any technical issues, but we did have a problem in one of the sword fights. A guy who I'm supposed to parry wasn't able to get his sword out of his scabbard because his tabard was in the way. lol We still managed to make it work, but he fixed the problem after that, and I don't think he'll ever do that again.

I had a bunch of friends from High School come that night, so it was awesome. Lisa Thomas came down from Logan with her sis-in-law and was so excited for it. My best friend from High School Devin Marks and his awesome wife Franci made it all the way from Schweitzer, Idaho as well. The surprise friend was the gal I had a big crush on through High School. Wendy Mattingly. She shook my hand and tried to walk by without being recognized. She almost made it too, but I said her name when she was almost past me, and that stopped her in her tracks. That was fun to see them all. It was great that they all came out and supported me in my passion. I have such awesome friends. Can't wait to see who shows up next. Despite having those friends in the audience, the crowd was kinda quiet, especially for a Friday night. Not a lot of clapping or reaction from the crowd, but I did hear that we scared one of the patrons. She passed out during one of the fight scenes, and soiled herself. I guess it was too violent for her, and we must have been playing the realism of that pretty well. It may sound rude, but that's FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Saturday we had a matinee at 12:30. I was a little more nervous for this show because I had a lot of people that I knew were coming. My Mother and Step-dad Gordon, my Father and Step-mom Nelly, my Grandma and Grandpa Bate, My Uncle Randy and his wife, and My Uncle Rick and his wife (who left after intermission, due to my Aunt being a freak and setting it up so that would happen, but that's another story) and my Brother Chris and his wife. So I knew there would be a dozen people there to see me perform. I had a great time and my performance I felt was great, all the way until the curtain call. The Three Musketeers all come on one after the other, and I was the second one. On the way onto the stage, I had a major faceplant and lost my hat. I was able to pick myself and my hat up in time to still do the bow, but with 24 eyes for sure watching my every movement, I knew someone had to see it. Surprisingly the only person who did was my Uncle Randy, who kind of has a negative attitude about life anyhow, and made no hesitation to ask me in the lobby if "I had a good trip." Ha ha pbffttbl! I was a bit upset, because I almost made it through the whole thing unscathed, but alas it wasn't to be. Despite my fall at the end, the show went great. My stepfather Gordon loved it! That was the biggest shocker to me, but he loved it so much he said, "that was the funnest Saturday I've had in a long time." He and my mom are buying tickets to come back and see it again! The other really cool thing about Saturday is that my Grandpa Bate was there to see it. He is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and his memory is really not what it was, but he was able to follow the story, and he even remembered the performance later at dinner! That to me was very rewarding. I'm glad it was entertaining enough to have that kind of impact on his memory.

So now I'm at work getting ready for the day here to end so I can get to the theatre for my 4th performance. We have Jeff Dickamore back tonight, so it's gonna feel like opening night all over! I'm so excited, I can't wait to perform with him in front of a packed house. It should be a great night!

1 comment:

The Pastry Mama said...

and may I wish you a broken leg!